Well the first week is over. On last Friday we got our first group of people that we are working with, which was a combination of people from a church in North Carolina and Florida. We picked them up in Telgulcigalpa ate lunch and headed off to guinope, which is about an hour away.
In Guinope we stayed at a hotel and worked with the church there. There were many different ministries we were involved in including, building a house for the church's new pastor who is moving in soon, a teeth pulling station, giving away free eye glasses, going around the city evangelizing, and vbs in the after noon. Everyday was full of opportuinities to serve the Lord. I did construction and vbs stuff mostly.
My spanish speaking capabilities are growing, not enough to have a decent conversation but I'm getting better. I played with kids everyday and showed them the love that Christ and my friends and family show me everyday. At Vbs we taught songs, did crafts, played games, and did dramas that taught biblical principles.
The group of people that we worked with were great. They treated the interns, including myself, like part of their family. I am very thankful to have been able to work with them. God used us in a mighty way.
The first group is leaving tomorrow, and the second group is coming in later tomorrow afternoon. This coming week we will be at a camp with orphans. I'm really excited to have fun the kids! Pray that God will use our team to spread His love to the kids.
Pray for our team to have greaty health, plenty of energy, and to keep God first in everything we do. Thank you so much for keeping me in your prayers.
Praying that the hope that you are hand delivering will become reality in the hearts of many there! Awesome opportunity!
ReplyDelete